- health and wellness
- Disease Management Programs
Disease Management Programs
Your Devoted Health plan includes free programs to help you manage chronic health conditions. Call us at 1-800-338-6833 to see if you qualify.
Diabetes Management Program
In this program, we work together with you to keep your symptoms in check. The goal is to help you feel your best and live well with diabetes. You’ll work with a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist and learn how to:
- Check your blood sugar
- Eat well
- Stay fit
- And much more
This program might be right for you if you have:
- High average blood sugar (hemoglobin A1c)
- A hard time meeting your health goals on your own
- New health challenges
It’s also great if you just want to learn more about diabetes. Whether you recently found out you have it or you’ve had it for a long time, we can help.
High Blood Pressure Management Program
If you have high blood pressure and you can't seem to get it under the goal you set with your doctor, we can help. In this program, you work with one of our pharmacists to track your blood pressure and make sure your medication is working.
If you need any changes, we'll get in touch with your doctor to make that happen. Together, we'll lower your blood pressure so you can focus on living your life to the fullest. Learn more about our high blood pressure management program.
Heart Failure Management Program
Our virtual heart failure program delivers customized health coaching, remote monitoring, and evidence-based medication optimization through a heart failure pharmacist-clinician collaboration. The program is designed to provide the holistic and continuous support necessary to control our member’s heart failure.
The heart failure program delivers three pillars of care:
- Health coaching: One-on-one coaching with a heart failure registered nurse (RN) who delivers individualized education to address barriers of heart failure self-care (e.g. medication adherence, eating habits, symptoms monitoring).
- Remote monitoring: Cellular-connected scales are used to monitor and encourage the habit of checking daily weights. Daily weights are transmitted to Devoted’s health record in real time and data is configured to alert our care team to any clinically significant fluctuations.
- Medication management: Heart failure guideline directed medical therapy (GDMT) prevents unnecessary hospitalizations and improves mortality. We overcome the challenges of initiating and intensifying GDMT by assuming responsibility of monitoring vitals, symptoms, and labs required to safely titrate medications. Devoted pharmacists, doctors, and nurses follow six distinct GDMT pathways designed by advanced heart failure cardiologists according to the 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guidelines.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-338-6833 (TTY 711).