You could get money each month for healthy foods
Your plan may pay for groceries to help you live a healthy lifestyle.
Who qualifies for this benefit?
You’ll need to have a plan that offers the Healthy Foods benefit. (Hint: Check your What to Know About Your Plan booklet to see if it’s listed there.) The booklet will also say if you get the benefit automatically as part of qualifying for your plan, or if you need to have a qualifying long-term health condition — like asthma, diabetes, or cardiovascular disease.
How do I use my Healthy Foods card?
Once you get your card in the mail, using it is easy. All you have to do is:
- Activate your card. Go to www.ActivateS3.com or call 1-833-832-7306 (TTY 711) to get your card ready to go.
- Go to a participating store. Search for participating stores near you.
- Choose healthy items like fruits, veggies, fish, meat, and eggs.
- Pay with your Healthy Foods card — the cashier will scan the bar code on the back.
Are there any places where I can’t use my card?
You can’t use it at convenience stores like 7-11, restaurants (including fast food), certain dollar stores, or gas stations. You can use your card only at participating stores. Search for participating stores near you.
Do I need a PIN?
Nope, just give the card to the cashier and ask them to scan the bar code on the back. You won't have to enter a PIN.
Do I need to spend the full amount all at once?
Nope. Keep in mind that you can’t roll over any unused money to the next month, so be sure to spend what you get each month. To check your balance, visit healthybenefitsplus.com/DevotedHealth/Account/BalanceCheck or call the number on the back of your card.
Do I need to do anything to get my monthly allowance?
Nope. We automatically add more money to your card on the first of each month.
Do I have to use the card to pay?
Yes. In addition to your physical card, you can use a digital version of your card online or with the HealthyBenefits+ mobile app.
What types of food can I buy?
There’s no restrictions on what you can buy or a catalog of foods you need to choose from. But we’d recommend you stick with healthy foods, like:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat and fish
- Eggs, cheese, milk, and other dairy products
- Whole grains, like whole wheat bread and brown rice
- Nuts, seeds, and spreads
- Olive oil and other plant-based oils
- Supplemental drinks like Boost® and Ensure®
You can buy any food you choose, but some types of items don't qualify — like alcohol, baby formula, pet food, or household goods like paper towels. If you have any questions about what you can buy with your card, check the mobile app or call our Healthy Foods partner.
Still have questions?
- For questions about using your card or finding participating stores, visit www.healthybenefitsplus.com/DevotedHealth or call our Healthy Foods card partner at 1-855-572-7156 (TTY 711).
- For questions about whether you qualify for the card, check your Summary of Benefits or call us at 1-800-338-6833 (TTY 711).
You can also download the HealthyBenefits+ mobile app in the Apple Store (for iPhones) or the Google Play Store (for Android phones).