How to Disenroll
Need to disenroll from (leave) your Devoted Health plan? Medicare has some rules about when and how you can do it.
When can I disenroll?
Normally, you can only leave a Medicare Advantage plan:
- During the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) from October 15 to December 7
- During the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period from January 1 to March 31
In some cases, you may be able to leave your plan at a different time of the year. This is called a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
To see if you qualify for an SEP, call us at 1-800-DEVOTED (1-800-338-6833), TTY 711.
How do I disenroll?
As long as you’re in an enrollment period, there are a few different ways to leave your current plan.
- Sign up for a different Medicare Advantage Plan or Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) plan.
Once you join a different plan — and Medicare accepts your application — your Devoted Health coverage will be set to end automatically. You won't need to do anything else.
- Fill out the disenrollment form and send it to us.
Don't have a printer? Give us a call at 1-800-338-6833 (TTY 711) and we'll mail you a copy of the form.
Not sure if you're in an enrollment period? Give us a call at 1-800-338-6833 (TTY 711) and we can help you figure it out. You can also call Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY 1-877-486-2048.
What happens next?
Once we find out you want to disenroll, we'll make sure you're allowed to by checking that you're in an enrollment period. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you’re leaving our plan and ending your coverage with us.
If there’s a problem with your request — like you can't actually switch plans right now — we’ll call you right away.
When will my Devoted Health coverage end?
It depends when you disenroll:
- If it's the Annual Enrollment Period
Your last day of Devoted Health coverage will be December 31.
- If it's the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
Your new plan will start on the first day of the month after we received your valid disenrollment form. And your Devoted Health coverage will end the day before that.
So if you ask in March to disenroll, your last day of Devoted Health coverage will be March 31. Your new plan will start April 1.
- If it's a Special Enrollment Period
Your dates are based on your specific situation.
Tips for Switching Plans
It can get a little confusing when you’re leaving one plan and starting a new one. Be careful — make sure your healthcare costs are covered:
- Double check when your Devoted Health plan ends and your new coverage begins.
- While you wait for your new plan to start, keep seeing Devoted Health doctors and other providers. Otherwise, you could end up having to pay for your care yourself.
- If you switch to Original Medicare, you also need to sign up for a Medicare Prescription Drug plan to cover medications. To get information about prescription drug plans in your area, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY 1-877-486-2048.